Saturday, April 10, 2010

Vegas Baby Vegas

I traveled to Las Vegas earlier this week to join in on the celebration for my Dad's 80th birthday.  Hard to believe he has reached that age.  He is still working out like gangbusters.  I know that's where I get my fitness drive from.  I remember watching his at the gym at an early age.  I was blown away by how much weight he could lift.  My Dad has an amazing physique but he's always had tiny legs.  Wish I got that from him.  Why is it we always get things we don't want from our family. 

We had a lot of fun in Las Vegas.  Highlights included lunch with sex kitten Holly Madison and getting on stage at David Copperfield.  The low point was food poisoning.  I'm not sure where I ingested the nasty bug.  The only different thing I had from anyone else was a salad.  Maybe the dressing or the lettuce was bad?  Either way, I wasn't doing very well from 11pm to 3am the night before we were leaving.  Hey, at least it was the last day.  Needless to say, all the weight I had gained over those 3 days was lost in the blink of an eye.  Well, two eyes.  24 hours later I was almost back to normal and now I am my old self again.  Yay, back to eating sushi and dark chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment